Update Z values for Breakline Vertices
The Add Z Values to Breaklines tool adds elevation (z-values) to the vertices of the breaklines feature class from the underlying Topo or Edge of Water points that they are snapped to. This tool should be run:
- If the initial
Breaklinesdataset does not have z values associated with them, or
- Edits have been made to the
BreaklinesFeature Class that modifies the vertices of the line features.
The line vertices must be snapped to either a Topo or Edge of Water point (depending on line type) when editing in order to extract a z value. Also, this tool should be run before creating a new TIN in order to use the updated z values of the lines.
- Under the
QA Toolsmenu, click
Add Z Values to BreaklinesTool.
- Make sure the correct Survey Geodatabase is open.
- Click OK to run the tool
- A “Success” message will appear when the tool has completed running.
- Run the Validation Panel before running this tool. Fix any errors related to breaklines.
- Line Vertices must be snapped to survey points
- An error may occur if a line feature cannot find any points.
- An error may occur if a line feature does not contain any geometry (i.e. Shape Length = 0)